Work It Wednesday!



Hey hey! I'm here linking up with Katie King at Queen of the First Grade Jungle for Work It Wednesday! I'm just all about the linky's this summer. ;) I've been following Katie for a little over a year, and I actually found her through one of her fitness hashtags on Instagram, and THEN realized that she taught 2nd grade! :) I was so inspired by her fitness journey, but I never got around to get really serious about my own. Ever since I've had my kids I've felt so guilty taking time out to take care of myself. Like ridiculously guilty. I suffered from postpartum depression after both of my kids. I didn't even realize what it was until it was over. But I used to think "Why would I spend an hour working out when I could spend that hour cleaning, or holding my baby, or...." The excuses would go on and on, and so did the weight gain.  Last year I realized I wasn't as good as I could be, as I needed to be. I wasn't all that happy, and quite frankly things were suffering and getting forgotten left and right. I finally realized it was because I was taking zero time for myself. I wasn't as healthy as I wanted to be, I was tired, depressed, and felt constantly overwhelmed. So, I decided to start doing little things just for me. It was hard at first, and it was as simple as leaving the kids with my husband to go grocery shopping, or buying myself a new shirt. This year, I decided to focus on my health, and getting my body back in shape so that I can be a better mommy, and wife. So..school was crazy this year, and I never really found time to get started but I promised myself I would start this summer. And, so far I have! So here's what I'm doing this week.I hope blogging about it will help keep me accountable....

Drinking a ton of water, and I've found SPARK!! A friend of mine from college sells Advocare, and I was talking to her about how I needed to give up diet soda in a serious way. She promptly sent me some samples of Spark, and I ordered more right away. I get great energy, and my mind is clear all morning, AND when I drink Spark in the morning I don't even crave a diet soda the whole day!And this is a girl that could drink 6 cokes a day...easily. I've always been a bit leery about "weight loss companies", like what are they not telling me is in here?????  BUT, I realized the spark is probably way, way, way more healthy than the cokes I'm drinking so I'm leaving my paranoid brain behind on this one. ;)







I am also walk/jogging. Ha! I've always hated running. I played sports in high school, and even ran track because my basketball coach made me, but I've always hated it. It was the first thing to go when I went to college, and man do I wish I had stayed in shape. I'm not doing much, but it's a start. I'm walking 1.25 miles per day. Last week I did 1 mile a day. I'm hoping to increase the amount by a quarter of a mile per week until I'm up to 2 miles a day. Like I said it's not much, but it's 1.25 miles per day more than I've been doing :). Plus, I'm also having a lot of outside summer time fun with my kids! :)






I am also eating better. It's summer and the farmers market's are open, and we are LOVING all of the fresh produce. I've always told my husband we need to live somewhere the farmer's markets are open year round. I'd eat so much better more consistently ;).



So that's it for me this week! Now on to get my kiddos down for a nap/quiet time. :)

Comments

  1. Love me some Spark!!! I am SO glad you realized how important it is to take time for yourself so you can be a better mommy! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. What is your email address?!?! I have a quick question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spark is AMAZING!!! Did you see where Katie made it into a slushy?!?! I can't wait to try it that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID!!! :) It looked so yummy, and it's a bazillion degrees here so I'm going to have to find my blender! ;)

      Delete
  4. Way to go on the walk/jogging! You've gotta start somewhere :) Looking forward to seeing your progress over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which Spark flavor is your favorite? Great job with the walking- keep it up! You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I love the grape, watermelon, and fruit punch the best. The green apple is good too, but I have to drink it COLD. It just tastes better that way to me. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write