Summer Bucket List Linky!!

Hey y'all!! I have officially been on summer break for 1 week, and it has been a fun one! I thought I'd join Natalie at What the Teacher Wants, and share my summer bucket list!




School:

So, I have quite a long list for school this summer. My first thing to do is redecorate my classroom next year. I am moving from kindergarten to 4th and 5th grade literacy and social studies. It is a HUGE change, but one I am excited for! However, I don't think my 4th and 5th graders will really appreciate my current decor, and I had to move rooms too so what better reason for a classroom overhaul!! 

Pacing guides will be next on my list, and I have actually already started them. The teacher before didn't use pacing guides??? And my principal only had one based on TLI....which we don't do....SOOOO.... I will be working these up for myself next year along with, of course, my scope and sequence.

I'm excited to start making TpT products for upper elementary, and will be starting my first creation next week! 

And, I'm also starting to make anchor charts, and other things that I need to update for older grades. I typically make the "bones" of the anchor chart at home, and then fill them in with the kiddos. I'm finding tons of great inspiration on Pintrest, and I'll be sharing some of those with you soon! 



Personal:

I am using this summer to refocus my mind, and get busy working off all of this baby weight. Especially since my "baby" is 3!!! ;/ But it's better late than never, and I have run out of excuses. So, I've started running and focusing on my eating last week, and I am starting to feel great!


I began remodeling my kid's bathroom in April. I have re-done their cabinet, counter, sink, removed a mirror, painted the ceiling, trim, and walls, and added some new decor. I still have to put in a new toilet, redo the floor, re-trim the door, and add baseboards!! It's looking so cute, and I am ready to have it finished!

AND I need to finish up grad school!!! Woohoo!! I graduate in August, and these next 2 classes can't go by fast enough! 


Fun:

I promised my kids the month of June would be for fun playtime. I promised not to do any work, except for maybe grad school work, while they were awake for the month of June. And, so far I have kept my promise, which has sometimes been hard since I'm now switching grades and I have so much more to do than previous years where I've taught the same grade from year to year, But, it has been so worth it! Last Monday my daughter had gymnastics, and then we went out for lunch. Tuesday we went shopping. Wednesday we went to visit my parents because my mom recently had surgery. Thursday we went to our local splash pad. Friday we went to the zoo on our way to my son's well child check up. Yesterday, we took a little road trip and went to the Memphis Zoo. Which we get into 50% off because we are members of the Little Rock Zoo! So that was a great deal! Today...we are exhausted and spending the day watching movies in our pj's!! 


I'm also going to do something really fun for my birthday and anniversary this year! Both events always seem to get pushed off to the back burner because they are both in August, and right before school starts. My anniversary is the 12th, and my birthday is the 16th. Sooo, we usually go out to eat and grab a movie or something basic. This year, however I'm not sure what we are doing we are going to take time out of our crazy schedules at that time to celebrate!

AND I'm getting a blog design!! I can't really call it new because I've never had one made for me, and I'm EXCITED about it. 

That's it for me! Stop by What the Teacher Wants to grab your template, and link up! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Work It Wednesday!

Time To Write