Monday Made It!

Hey guys! I'm back again!! Can y'all believe it, because I barely can ;). I'm linking up with Tara from 4th grade frolics for Monday Made It! Today has NOT gone as planned, and it was a busy day anyway so I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here. My made it this week is not original at all, but since I'm switching grades and have fewer subject areas I needed these.



I made myself some READ letters! I will be teaching literacy, and social studies next year so I thought I would integrate the two into my decor some. 
 I started with some basic letters from Wal-Mart. They were $1.97 each. I already had the acrylic paint, glue, and I was given a map of Georgia from my father-in-law. I didn't realize I was out of Modge Podge so I'm going to have to go to the store tomorrow and finish these up! :)
 First I squirted some turquoise acrylic paint onto the back of the letter. This step isn't really necessary I guess, but it will make your edges look more finished. I rubbed the paint around with a paper towel, because I can't remember to get more brushes!!

 Then I dabbed this glue on the front of the letters, cut out a chunk of map, and laid the letter face down on the back of the map. Then I let the glue mostly dry, and trimmed around the letters with an x-acto knife, and Whaaa Laa!!!


I just LOVE them!!! They are going to look precious over my reading corner. Now all I have left to do is slap a layer of Modge Podge on them, and hot glue some orange ribbon to the back to hang them!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write

One Hour