June Currently

I love this linky, and I seem to really love it in the summer! Ha! It's such a fun way to get to know other teachers. So without further adieu here's mine!





* Every single blessed person, and animal is snoozing. Except my cat. And me. I can't sleep because kindergarten graduation is tomorrow so I thought I would get some work done! :) I am so proud of these kiddos, and I am going to miss them terribly. 

* I am still in school. STILL!!! The snow really got us this year, and we are not used to this much snow and ice living in the south and all. So needless to say, I have been so jealous of all the teachers I see on summer break already, but it's only 3 more days!! :)

* Even though I am so ready for a break I can't help but think about all the work that lies ahead of me. I am changing grade levels next year, and while I'm excited I'm also feeling the need to get busy so I'm not drowning the first few weeks of school. 

* Yeah...but first I really need a break. ;0)

* I'm also moving classrooms so I've been poaching all of the printer paper cartons I can find. 

* I feel, like many of us, that I have been stretching myself too thin. I'm doing a ton of things okay instead of the things that really matter to me very well. So my summer goals are to have lots of family time. I told my kids that June is their's. We will only have fun. Mommy will not work (at least while the kids are awake) at all. I am also renovating our home so I have a lot of projects that I am working on around the house. June will be my time for all of that. Then to go along with stretching myself too thin I am simplifying things. My kids are getting older, and we aren't having any more so I am going to start cleaning out all the baby stuff, and making sure that I preserve the things I really want to keep for my kids. I am also putting a few projects on the back burner for a while. I made a list of things I'm going to focus on, and that's all I'm worrying about. It's time, past time, to get my life back. And, we are also saving.We are going to visit my aunt and uncle in New York next year so we are going to start saving up for that trip, and we might be able to sneak away for a few days to the beach and that will aide in saving my sanity! ;)

Well, that's it for me! If you would like to join in link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for your template! :)

Comments

  1. Hi Kristina! I'm not changing grade levels next year, but I am changing school districts, so I was the one grabbing all the empty food boxes from the cafeteria! And now most of it sits in the dining room as I also embrace the "family time" idea. My big is going to be a sophomore, my middle is a 7th grader, and my little is going on 3, so I am dying to spend time with them before that special time is gone! Hope you find joy in your special time this summer!

    Lori
    Live, Laugh, Love Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in school until the end of this week, too!! Hang on, we're almost there!! Sounds like you'll have a wonderful summer (how can we not?!). Good luck moving rooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am up as well. I would love to get some rest, but I am energized still. I hope you will have a great summer. Hang in there with the last days of school.

    Jasmine H.
    http://jazzyteach17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Work It Wednesday!

Time To Write