TpT Sellers Challenge Week 2: Dream Big!!

Hey y'all!! I am so behind this week, as I was busy with VBS and visiting my parents! Plus, I'm still in the middle of graduate school so I'm just now getting to post! I thought I'd better hurry up before the next challenge was announced. ;) This week we were challenged to dream big, and share what we wanted our TpT store to accomplish. I'm not gonna lie, this challenge was a bit scary for me. I don't like to put my personal goals out there. I almost didn't. But, then I read some of the most amazing stories, and personal goals of the other teachers, and I thought if they can do it...so can I. So, thank you all for pushing me out of my comfort zone a bit. :)

I'm linking up with Emily at Third in Hollywood, Teach Create Motivate, Peppy Zesty Teacherista ,and Sparkling in Second. :)



1. This one probably resonates with most of you too. :) We have various forms of debt, mostly student loans, and it would be so nice to only have to worry about our day to day living expenses.


2. My youngest first cousin is graduating from high school next May. They live in Indiana, and I don't get to see them often. My family is wanting to go on a big trip to celebrate his graduation, and to spend time together somewhere out of the country. Right now that is off the table for my family, but I would love if my TpT store could fund that trip.

3. Fueling my classroom is what my earnings have been doing. Every dime has been spent on resources for my kids. Granted, it's not much, but every little bit helps, and I will continue to use this money for my kids.

4. Giving back is very important to me. When I first started teaching I was excited to have my own classroom, but mad that I couldn't stay home with my daughter like I had always dreamed. For us, it wasn't a matter of just cutting back what we were spending to make it work, we absolutely would not be able to pay all of our bills if I didn't work so I felt stuck. Until I walked into my first classroom, and I saw 20 pairs of eyes looking to me. Until I heard 20 different stories, from kids with 20 different backgrounds. Some good, some not so good, and some heartbreaking. Then I decided since I couldn't afford to stay home, teaching would not only be my job, but my ministry. To guide the students in my classroom, to give them everything that I could, and to show the love of Christ through my teaching. I knew I could still be a good mother while being a teacher, and now that my youngest is going into the pre-school at my district I know I am exactly where I should be. My personal children are flourishing, and I get such immense satisfaction from teaching. I truly have the best two jobs in the entire world. :) So, my longest term goal, my dream is to be able to get to a point where all of my earnings can go to helping those who need it more than I do. Where I can afford to not only take care of the kids in my classroom, but also give to their families. To be able to give, and give freely, and bless others.

Comments

  1. It's so incredibly how so many people want to pour back into their classrooms :) Teachers love teaching :)

    Sparkling in Second

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Work It Wednesday!

Time To Write