Real Talk Tuesday

So, I meant to post tonight about our first week of school last week. But, I can't. I'm not in the right mind set. While we all love our jobs, and our students, and (almost....I could live without the paperwork) everything about what we do sometimes we need t be real. We need to be okay. We need to admit when things didn't go so well. Today was one of those days for me. It's only the 2nd week of school, and I feel nuts. This is my 3rd year of teaching kindergarten. I shouldn't feel so nuts!! But I do. I have a pretty challenging class this year, when it comes to behavior. That isn't bothering me so much. My first two years of teaching really put me in my place, and I've seen A LOT. So I felt pretty prepared for the behavior issues that I've seen. It's something else. Something I can't really put my finger on.

I am also having my first formal observation next week. The third week of school. Arkansas changed it's teacher evaluation system, and since I haven't been at my district for 3 years yet (I switched districts) I have to have 3 formal observations, complete with a pre-observation interview, the lesson I teach, and a post observation interview. So maybe I'm just completely over whelmed. Maybe it's just the first of the year, and I forgot how little they are when they come to me. Either way, thanks for listening :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write

Work It Wednesday!