Five for Friday

Hey y'all can we first just Oooh and Aaaahhhh over my new blog design!! I am so in love with it

! Shanon and Courtney from Blogs Fit For a Queen did a fantastic job, and the whole process went so quickly! In fact they were always waiting on me to make up my mind about things! :) I appreciate them being so patient, and easy to work with!

I have been MIA lately, but I have a lot of really good reasons! :) To kinda recap the end of my summer I'm going to link up with doodlebugs teaching for her Five for Friday linky! It's more of a summer summary though!



I finally graduated from graduate school!! I am so excited! It's been a crazy 2ish years, but it was well worth it. This year is going to be a whole new world with out homework looming over my head every weekend! :) I'm excited to be able to use this  time to work on lessons for my class and TpT!

Please excuse the crazy cap. I shoved it back on really fast to take a pic with my little! :)



My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! It's really hard to believe we've been married that long, but here we are! So thankful that I get to live life with this guy! :)


P.S.- We can never take a "normal" couple selfie! :)
I also had a birthday! I turned 31 this year, and we had a small family party. My husband bought me carpets for my classroom (woohoo!!!), and a dishwasher!! Oh. My. Goodness. Our old one was such a goner. It took 2-3 runs to get our dishes clean, and that was after pretty much hand washing them before I put them in. I'm pretty sure it threw more junk on the dishes than it got off, and I always had to hand wash the majority of them after I was done. Needless to say we almost always had a stack of dishes in our sink. Now, the sink has been clear for 2 weeks, and that's even during the first week of school! :) This is a sure fire sign that I'm getting old! :) But I'm so dang excited about my gift!!




We started a new school year as well! My kids are in 2nd and Pre-K. I can't believe it! Second grade just sounds so much more grown up to me than first grade. #timeslowdown If you don't know I moved from teaching kindergarten to fourth and fifth grade literacy and social studies so it was big changes for all of us! It was a WONDERFUL week, and we celebrated on the way home Friday by stopping by our favorite drink stop for a treat! :)


Ha! Don't let his face fool you! He was excited about school, but I made him put down his dragons to hold my sign. He wasn't pleased! Lol! :)










I also got my first gift from my secret pal this week! My secret pal is super sweet, and hilarious! I'm already trying to figure out who it is! :) Oh yes..... that's a cupcake maker! ;)




So, that's it for me! I had a wonderful first week of school which I'll share about later! I hope the rest of you are enjoying the rest of your summer/first weeks of school! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write

Work It Wednesday!