Hellllloooo!I

Hi! Anyone out there? No? Maybe? I hope so! I started out so good this school year, and then September hit, and I got so crazy busy that I thought I would catch up my blog by the end of October, and then I got a cold, a typical first of the year cold, that OOPS, turned into a sinus infection, which turned into bronchitis, which turned into pneumonia!!! I was sick for 6 weeks! After a ton of medicines, and doctor appointments I finally started feeling better in time for Christmas. I lost 12 pounds during my pneumonia bout because I lost my sense of smell, therefore my taste was gone, and I was nauseous from the pneumonia. I didn't get to eat at Thanksgiving, but I made up for it during my Christmas break. :) (And didn't gain any of that weight back! Score!!) Then on December 29th I had a terrible burning pain in my abdomen. I had pains like this last year, but my doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong. And then it went away, and hasn't returned until now. That landed me in the ER on the 30th, and I was told that I have a TON of gall stones in my gall bladder. And, I have to have it removed. REMOVED. SURGERY. Boo....I was hoping to have it out this week, but they couldn't get me in until next week for a consultation and then we'll schedule the surgery then for probably the next week. Which means I'm going to have to take time off from work. Not what my kids need. :( So I'm exhausted from all the tests and doctor's and just feeling like crud. So that's why I haven't been blogging. Whew.

On the plus side I'm going to meet my deductible the first month of the year for my  insurance, and after this surgery I will hopefully feel a million times better! :)

My sweet little class is also coming along nicely. More on that later :). I hope you are all enjoying your break, and are having a Happy New Year!  I'm so enjoying the time with my family, but tomorrow we are heading to my classroom to finish prepping for January, and getting sub plans ready just in case I'm out longer than a couple of days. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write

Work It Wednesday!