The Best of Intentions: UPDATED

I'm still here folks! It has been CrAzY around here, and I haven't forgotten about your cloud freebie either. It has decided to stay winter here in Arkansas, and I am not pleased. Not only was it 36 degrees this  morning on my way to school, it has rained every. single. day. Which all the clouds have been perfect, except I had an outside activity for you, and well, we haven't been able to go outside.

On top of the bad weather the 1st and 2nd graders have been testing in the mornings this week. I share a wall with the 2nd grade (I teach in a teeny, tiny school!) so I've gotten kicked out of my room this week during the morning time so our schedule as been all messed up. Which is never good, especially when the kids can't go outside, and they've been hit with an unhealthy dose of spring fever!

Also, yesterday during my math block I heard a POP, POP!!! I quickly scanned the room to find a very large bookshelf pretending it was the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!! I called the office and had maintenance remove the bookshelf so it would squish any of us. Apparently, when they waxed the floors they didn't move the shelves and the wax  ran under the shelves and glued them to the floor. (Seriously!) So the weight was apparently on the front. The tile had ENOUGH and broke off. Seriously. I couldn't make this stuff up. However, it has been a blessing in disguise. I mentioned I teach in a teeny tiny school. Well, that also means I have a teeny tiny room, with only 1 teeny tiny window, and virtually zero wall space. So look what removing that bookshelf left me!!!







I AM SO EXCITED!!! I told them not to bring me another bookshelf back, that I would be okay. :) I already moved my reading center over there, and am excited to use it for anchor charts next year. At least, that's what I'm intending to use it for as of now. I'm sure I'll change my mind 20 or so times. And I'm sure I can find a spot for everything that was on those 9 shelves to go. So, that's why I haven't posted, or why you have your freebie yet.


 Hope you guys had a fantastic week. Was anyone else's like mine??

UPDATE: My crazy week (s)  have not stopped. The weekend I intended on working up that cloud freebie I got a stomach virus..all weekend. Which was followed by another week of rain, and all 4 of us catching some weird "fever virus" that has kept us sick this week. *Sigh* We've never been as sick as we have been this year, it's crazy! So I'm hoping next week I will start being able to catch up, and fill you in on the crazy end to our school year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Science of Reading...Where I'm At

Time To Write

One Hour